The Provincial Nominee Program now stands as the country’s second-largest program for economic immigration.
This November, Canada Provinces continue to invite immigrants who are hopeful to go to the next round of the immigration process.
The Provincial Nominee Program (PNP), which began simply in 1998 with around 200 people to Canada, will now see more than 80,000 new permanent residents every year. At least 3,744 immigration candidates received an invitation through the provincial immigration program this last month.
PNP enables the provinces and regions of Canada who participate to choose a number of economic immigrants every year and nominate them for permanent residence.
At present, there are more than 80 PNP streams in 11 provinces and regions, and each stream is designed to target immigrants that meet the specific labor market and economic needs of these regions.
In most provinces and regions that participate, there is now at least one PNP stream that is in harmony with the Federal Express Entry system, which is the main source of Canadian economic immigration.
The PNP Entry-Linked Express Stream also referred to as the ‘Enhanced’ PNPS, enables the province to choose the engrave candidate and invite them to submit provincial nominations. This flow allows provinces to nominate candidates in the Federal Express Entry system, which manages a collection of candidates for three categories of Canada’s main economic immigration – federal skilled working class, Canadian, and Canadian experience classes.
Express Entry candidates nominated by provinces or regions are given 600 additional points to their comprehensive ranking system scores.
PNP streams that operate outside of Express Entry referred to as ‘Base’ PNPs, can also nominate candidates, who then pursue permanent residence outside of the Express Entry system.
Here is an overview of provincial program updates and rounds of invitation from the month of November:
- invited 360 candidates to apply for a provincial nomination through five streams of the BC PNP on November 24.
- invited 76 candidates to apply for a provincial nomination through four streams of the BC PNP on November 17. This was a Tech Pilot draw.
- invited 358 candidates to apply for a provincial nomination through five streams of the BC PNP on November 10.
- invited 76 candidates to apply for a provincial nomination through four streams of the BC PNP on November 3. This was a Tech Pilot draw.
- invited 196 candidates, including 40 Express Entry candidates, to apply to the MPNP under three MPNP streams on November 19.
- invited 205 candidates, including 7 Express Entry candidates, to apply to the MPNP under three MPNP streams on November 5.
Newfoundland and Labrador
- The NLPNP is creating a new PNP stream, Priority Skills Newfoundland and Labrador, targeting highly educated and skilled individuals with experience in the province’s in-demand sectors.
- opened the Employer Job Offer: International Student stream for an intake period on November 26 and closed the intake period due to technical difficulties.
- reached the intake limit for its Employer Job Offer: In-Demand Skills stream for 2020 on November 16. No additional registrations will be accepted until further notice.
- issued 443 notifications of interest to Express Entry candidates through the Human Capital Priorities Stream on November 12. Nine occupations were eligible.
- announced that the Ontario Regional Immigration Pilot had reached its intake quota for 2020 on November 5. Applications will resume in 2021.
- issued 726 invitations to Express Entry candidates today through the French-Speaking Skilled Worker and the Skilled Trades streams of the OINP on November 4.
Prince Edward Island
- invited 221 candidates to apply through the Labour & Express Entry streams. A further 33 invitations were issued in the Business Work Permit Entrepreneur category. Both draws were held on November 19.
- introduced 10 new points available in the SINP ranking system for candidates who speak both French and English on November 24. These changes impact the Express Entry and Occupations In-Demand streams of the SINP.
- invited 551 candidates from the Express Entry and Occupations In-Demand streams of the SINP on November 19. Only certain occupations were considered.
- invited 532 candidates from the Express Entry and Occupations In-Demand streams of the SINP. Only certain occupations were considered on November 3.
If you wish to advertise on Brampton-news, please Contact Us.