The Montreal NDP candidate has resigned after being accused of violence at home as opposed to his former colleague on social media.
Olivier Mathieu is a candidate for LaSalle-Émard-Verdun use in southwestern Montreal.
On Wednesday, he posted an announcement on the Fb web page to use, denied making a mistake.
“With a very, very heavy coronary heart so I need to announce my withdrawal,” Mathieu wrote. “This morning, someone made a harsh accusation that contradicted me on social networks.”
“What has been said about me is false, and I intend to show it. But in the current context, it is very important for me, in the beginning, that the energy of NDP is solely devoted to presenting our platform.”
“In the coming weeks, for months, I will take the steps necessary to erase my reputation for suspicion.”
In an interview with CBC Information, his former partner, Rebecca Stuart, accused him of physical violence for six years from their seven-year relationship.
“He slapped me, hit me with his hand again and cut my lips. “I have to go to the emergency room and perform emergency cosmetic surgery on my lips,” he advised CBC. “One night, he slapped me in all aspects of my face, exploding my eardrum.”
He sent an e-mail outlining identical data to NDP chief Jagmeet Singh on September 10. He did not get an answer.
His charges have not been examined in the courtroom, but CBC is talking to two of Stuart’s colleagues. One confirms that he has information about the alleged violation at the time. The opposite says that he repeatedly witnessed Stuart with an unexplained accident.
CBC has confirmed that the couple has been married before, and divorced in 2015.
DATA DESPATCHED TO SOCIAL GATHERING
When Stuart noticed that he was operating for election, he said he had an in-depth response.
“That makes me really feel sick. It makes me really feel pain in my stomach after I realize it, “he said.
He posted the accusation on his personal social media, marking the Fb web page used, the Fb Jagmeet Singh web page and the national Fb NDP web page.
He also posted it directly on the original page using the Fb web page, but the claim was dropped. He provided CBC information with screenshots of the publication.
CBC information contacted the NDP to inquire about the allegations and tried to contact Mathieu instantly. Shortly thereafter, the social gathering responded, saying Mathieu had “determined to resign.”
“We have recently become aware of a harsh accusation that contradicts a candidate. “We accept his resignation because it is clear, with this accusation, he cannot continue as a candidate for our social gathering,” the NDP said in an announcement.
Stuart said he was grateful his response was fast.
“Actually, I’m glad I don’t need more than what’s happened so far for them to appreciate that maybe that is a questionable determination,” Stuart said.
To advertise with Brampton-News, please contact our advertising team here: Advertise with us.