This year, Canada Day falls on Wednesday, July 1, 2020.
This Canada Day, some things that are typically open will be closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic and there will be no major public events due to physical distancing restrictions and bans on large gatherings.
Residents can purchase fireworks for private celebrations, but should note that gatherings of more than 10 people are currently not permitted by the province of Ontario.
Here’s what is open and closed this long weekend:
What’s Open and Closed Canada Day
- Bramalea City Centre is open from 11am to 6pm
- Some smaller grocery stores, such as Rabba grocery stores, will be open
- Most Shoppers Drug Mart locations
- Most restaurants that operate on Mondays will be open, but call ahead to be sureOther major malls that are open:
- Toronto Premium Outlets (10 am to 9 pm)
- Bramalea City Centre (11 am to 6 pm)
- Vaughan Mills (10 am to 7 pm)
- Eaton Centre (11 am to 7 pm)
- Pacific Mall
- Shoppers World
- Some Community Centres (call ahead)
- Government offices (all levels)
- City Hall
- Canada Post (there will be no mail pick-up or delivery)
- Beer Store
- Region of Peel offices and non-emergency services
- Peel Community Recycling Centres
- Garbage will be picked up one day later
Other Major Malls That Are Closed:
- Sherway Gardens
- Yorkdale Shopping Centre
- Brampton Transit will run on a Holiday schedule
- Go Transit will run on a Saturday Schedule
- *Transit riders should note that Brampton Transit and GO Transit have already reduced service levels as a result of the pandemic
If you wish to advertise on Brampton-news, please Contact Us.