Easter Weekend in 2020 is Good Friday (10 April), Easter Sunday (April 12) and Easter Monday (April 13) in Brampton.
Almost everything that is closed Friday is closed Sunday.
This year, a lot of things that are usually open will be closed for COVID 19th pandemic. Residents are asked to avoid public gatherings (some religious service can be streamed or watching at home) and to refrain from inviting friends and family over for Easter.
Gathering more than five people is not allowed by the province of Ontario, even for religious purposes.
The restaurant will still not permitted to offer dine-in service, but some may still be open for takeout and delivery. To see a list of restaurants Brampton who have shown they offer takeout and/or delivery during a pandemic, click here.
This is open and closed this long weekend:
What’s open and closed
Good Friday and Easter Sunday in Brampton:
- Bramalea City Centre (closed Friday and Sunday)
- All major grocery stores (Metro, Loblaws, Oceans)
- All major malls
- Trinity Common Mall
- Government offices
- Libraries (already closed due to COVID-19 pandemic)
- Some Community Centres (already closed due to COVID-19 pandemic)
- Beer Store
- Federal Government
- City hall
- No mail delivery
- Service Ontario
- Transit stores
Most Regions of Peel services are closed including:
- Peel Art Gallery, Museum and Archives (PAMA)/li>
- Region of Peel Human Services Reception/li>
- Employment Resource Centres/li>
- Peel Access to Housing/li>
- Ontario Works/li>
- Peel Living and Rent Supplement offices/li>
- Family Health Call Centre/li>
- Healthy Sexuality Clinics/li>
- Peel Works Needle Exchange Program (PWNEP)
- Breastfeeding Clinic Services
- Dental Services
- TransHelp office
Other major malls that are closed due to COVID-19 pandemic:
– Sherway Gardens
– Vaughan Mills
– Eaton Centre
- Some restaurants and bars will be open for takeout or delivery, but call ahead to be sure
- Most Shoppers Drug Marts
- Some smaller grocery stores
Brampton Transit will operate on a Sunday schedule on Good Friday
GO Transit will run on a Sunday schedule on Good Friday
What’s opened and closed
Easter Monday in Brampton:
- Government offices
- Canada Post offices are closed and there is no mail collection or delivery
- City Hall
- Banks (call ahead to ensure your branch is still open amid the COVID-19 pandemic)
- The Beer Store
- Grocery stores
- Restaurants that have stayed open to serve takeout and delivery
Brampton Transit is currently operating on a reduced service schedule due to the COVID-19 pandemic
GO Transit is currently operating on a reduced service schedule due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
If you wish to advertise on Brampton-news, please Contact Us.