You may have heard about this major significant Christmas event happening this weekend in Brampton. It’s a trifecta of events from the city’s Annual Tree Lighting, the Santa Claus Parade on Saturday, November 17, as well as a new Holiday Pop-Up Shoppe.
However, as with events of this magnitude, there’s always the chance for road closures…and in this case there is no exception. The City of Brampton is advising the following road closures because of Christmas event:
The Annual Tree Lighting Ceremony
Friday, November 16, 6 to 8 pm
The following roads will be closed from 4 to 11 pm on November 16:
- Wellington Street West from George Street South to Main Street South
The Brampton Santa Claus Parade
Saturday, November 17, 5 to 7 pm
The following roads will be closed from 10:30 am to 6:30 pm on November 17:
- Ken Whillans Drive from Vodden Street to Church Street East
- Sproule Drive from Main Street North to Ken Whillans Drive
- Church Street East from Union Street to Scott Street
The following roads will be closed from 12 to 10 pm on November 17:
- Elgin Drive from Mill Street South to Main Street South
The following roads will be closed from 3:30 to 8 pm on November 17:
- Main Street North from Vodden Street to Theatre Lane/Nelson Street
- Main Street South from Queen Street to Charolais Boulevard
- Queen Street from George Street to Centre Street
The following roads will be closed from 2 to 8 pm on November 18:
- Main Street North from Queen Street to Theatre Lane/Nelson Street
Although people may be in more of a festive spirit while the weather outside is still decent, there are those of you who may want to avoid the area if you’re planning to drive around Brampton this weekend.
To advertise, please contact our advertising team here: Advertise with us.