Ingredients for Oat-Free and Gluten-Free Granola Bars
- 1 1/4 cups almonds, divided1
- 1/4 cups sunflower seeds, divided
- 2 cups shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 cup diced dried apricots
- 1 1/2 cups coconut oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup ground cinnamon, or as needed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Directions for Oat-Free and Gluten-Free Granola Bars
Prep 10 m
Cook 3 m
Ready In 2 h 13 m
- Place 3/4 cups almonds and 3/4 cups sunflower seeds into a food processor; chop until nuts are in 1/4-inch pieces, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from food processor and pour in a bowl. Place the remaining almonds and sunflower seeds into the food processor; roughly chop into larger pieces, about 1 minute. Mix remaining nuts, seeds, shredded coconut, and dried apricot into the 1/4-inch nuts until fruit and nut mixture is combined.
- Combine coconut oil, honey, ground cinnamon, vanilla extract, and salt in a saucepan over medium-low heat; cook until the coconut oil mixture bubbles and turns a lighter color, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Pour coconut oil mixture over the fruit and nut mixture; stir until the granola mixture takes on the consistency of wet sand, about 1 minute.
- Line a baking sheet with waxed paper. Pour granola mixture onto the sheet; place the second sheet of waxed paper on top of the granola mixture. Push down on the waxed paper with your hands until the granola mixture has been evenly spread. Pack tightly to ensure that the granola will not fall apart.
- Cool until granola has hardened, 2 to 3 hours. Cut into bars.
- Any assorted nuts of your choice can be substituted for the almonds and sunflower seeds.
- Any preferred dried fruit can be substituted for the dried apricots.
If you prefer a crunchy granola bar over a soft chewy one, cook the coconut oil mixture longer.
- When placing the granola bars into the baking sheet, you may either use elbow grease to press the mixture until it is packed nice and tightly, or you can use a secondary cookie pan instead.
- Placing the granola in the freezer for 20 minutes can be substituted for sitting out for 2 to 3 hours.
Per Serving: 352 calories; 31.5 g fat; 17.9 g carbohydrates; 4.7 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 64 mg sodium. Full nutrition
Any Query Contact us:
Recipe Source: allrecipes