A recipe with an eye-catching look! A delicious, healthy and a creative fruit salad that looks exactly like a Rubik’s fruit cube salad. Watermelon, cantaloupe, kiwi, some marshmallows and pineapple put together to look appealing and refreshing.
Ingredients Of fruit cube salad
- To garnish Mint leaf, crushed nuts, sesame seeds or cinnamon
Key Ingredients: Watermelon, Cantaloupe, Kiwifruit, Pineapple, Marshmallow, Mint leaf, crushed nuts, sesame seeds or cinnamon
How to Make fruit cube salad
1. Use fruit that will survive being cut into cubes and won’t brown.
2. If using a marshmallow, this will add a softly textured sweetness to the finished cube.
3. The cubes work well at around 2.5cm/1 inch each. This step is a bit fiddly but cutting well-shaped cubes is what makes the whole cube work well.
4. Use a sharp knife for clean cutting.
5. Make one row consisting of three alternating cubes. Alternate so that no adjacent cubes are the same fruit.
6. The base should consist of four sides of three cubes each side.
7. Make two more layers the same. The fruit cube salad is complete.
8. Place a mint leaf on top for a garnish. Sprinkle with crushed nuts, sesame seeds or a spice like cinnamon, as preferred.
9. You can serve this as a single cube for everyone to share from, or you can make it as a single serve cube for each diner. This will depend on how large you make the final fruit cube and how much fruit you’ve got to make the small cubes from.
Chef: Thayanithy – Signature Club Resort
Difficulty Level: Easy
Cook your delicious recipes with Brampton-news.