Public health officials said 33 confirmed cases of the new coronavirus has been diagnosed in Canada so far, with 20 cases reported in Ontario, 12 in British Columbia and one in Quebec.
Here is a timeline of the case in this country.
January 25, 2020: A man in his 50s who arrived in Toronto from Wuhan, China, the epicenter of the outbreak, to be the first “alleged” case of new coronavirus in Canada. The man called 911 shortly after he fell ill with symptoms that are relatively small and are placed in isolation at Sunnybrook Hospital, Toronto.
January 26, 2020: Wife Toronto man who first “conjecture” Canadian case of new coronavirus be a second suspected case. The woman was kept in home isolation.
January 27, 2020: The National Microbiology Lab in Winnipeg confirms that the man in quarantine at Sunnybrook Hospital is Canada’s first documented case of the new coronavirus.
January 28, 2020: Health authorities confirmed Canada’s second case of the new coronavirus. The woman had just traveled to Wuhan with her husband, who is the first confirmed case in Canada.
January 28, 2020: Health officials in British Columbia said a man in his 40s is considered to have the new coronavirus and doing well as he recovers at his Vancouver home. BC health officer, Dr. Bonnie Henry, said men often work in China and voluntarily isolated himself after returning to Canada.
January 28, 2020: Suspected cases of a new strain of coronavirus in BC is confirmed by the National Microbiology Laboratory in Winnipeg.
January 31, 2020: Toronto man hospitalized with a new coronavirus was well enough to go home. Sunnybrook Hospital said he will continue to recover at home, where his wife is also in self-isolation.
January 31, 2020: Ontario third case of new coronavirus confirmed. The patient, a woman in her 20s, had traveled to the affected area in China. The London university student was initially tested negative for the virus, but the next test at the national laboratory in Winnipeg positive. Health officials said the symptoms were mild.
February 4, 2020: Health officials announced another confirmed case alleged in the SM Henry said she was a family visiting from China’s Hubei province and he is in isolation at home.
February 5th, 2020: British Columbia second case of coronavirus was confirmed by the National Microbiology Lab.
February 6, 2020: Henry announced two new cases COVID-19 in BC, noting both the people in the same house as a woman diagnosed with a case of the two provinces.
February 12, 2020: Ontario Health officials say a woman from London, Ontario, no longer have the new coronavirus in her system .. This marks the first time cases of the disease have been resolved in Canada.
February 14, 2020: Officials in the province of BC announced the fifth case of COVID-19. Women in their 30s who live in BC Interior have just returned from Hubei province.
February 19, 2020: Henry announced that people diagnosed with BC’s first case of the new coronavirus has been recovered. This is the first time this has happened in this province.
February 20, 2020: A woman who had just returned from Iran was diagnosed with a sixth case of British Columbia from COVID-19. He was the first person in the country who are not diagnosed with the disease recently visited China. Meanwhile, in Ontario, the man who has Canada’s first case of the virus cleared after testing negative for the disease twice in 24 hours.
February 21, 2020: The third case of coronavirus in Ontario is resolved.
February 23, 2020: Officials in Toronto Ontario has announced a new case of coronavirus – the fourth to be diagnosed in the province. She arrived in Toronto from China a few days earlier.
February 24, 2020: Henry announced the seventh in BC have been diagnosed with the new coronavirus. A 40-year-old man was in close contact with a woman who has a sixth case of the province of disease.
February 26, 2020: Ontario officials announced the diagnosis fifth in the province: a woman in her 60s who recently traveled to Iran.
February 27, 2020: Quebec public health officials reported the first suspected cases of the province, a woman from the Montreal area who had recently returned from Iran. Ontario officials also confirmed the sixth case COVID-19 in the province. They say a man in his 60s is the husband of the five Ontario patients with the virus.
February 28, 2020: Ontario reported seven confirmed cases – a man in his 50s who had traveled to Iran. The man arrived in Toronto on Tuesday, February 25 and go to the emergency department of the Sunnybrook Health Sciences Center the next day. It is also reported in eight cases: a man in his 80s with a history of travel to Egypt. Officials said he arrived in the city on February 20 and go to the emergency department General Hospital’s Health Network Scarborough on Thursday.
February 29, 2020: Health officials in British Columbia say a woman in her 60s who traveled from Iran is the eighth case COVID-19 in the province. Provincial Health Officer Dr. Bonnie Henry said she had a relatively mild case and he isolated himself at home. Health officials in Ontario reported three cases – two women who have recently made separate trips to Iran, and her husband of 69 years of one of the women, who had no history of recent travel.
March 1, 2020: Ontario officials diagnose four new cases – three in York Region and one in Toronto. The four patients have recently traveled abroad. One has to travel to Egypt with a man who was later diagnosed with the virus, while the remainder was recently in Iran.
March 2, 2020: Ontario announced three new cases – two women who had traveled to Egypt and a man who had traveled to Iran.
March 3, 2020: Ontario announced two new cases – a man who had traveled to Egypt and others who have traveled to Iran. British Columbia announced four new cases involving people with links to travel from Iran. Officials at BC also asked the tourist from China and Iran to isolate themselves for 14 days when they return home to Canada.
To advertise with Brampton-News, please contact our advertising team here: Advertise with us.